BOBST’s largest label product portfolio featuring new hybrid label press, revolutionary flexo, and Mouvent’s digital printers, on show at Labelexpo 2019
BOBST and its digital printing competence center Mouvent, have unveiled their most complete portfolio yet at Labelexpo Europe, which is taking place from 24 to 27 September 2019 in Brussels.
The portfolio on show includes the world premiere launch of the MASTER DM5, a hybrid label press, which provides the best possible combination of digital and DigiFlexo printing in a single press, and demonstrations of LB702-WB and LB701-UV, Mouvent’s advanced digital label printers.
“Labelexpo 2019 is the perfect storm of recent innovation for BOBST and Mouvent,” said Federico D’Annunzio, BOBST Program Manager Hybrid Printing. “As well as the world premiere of the MASTER DM5, we are demonstrating a revolutionary DigiFlexo press and four complete digitalized production processes across a digital native press, equipped with water-based inks. These are innovations that address what matters most to converters and brand owners, namely improving time-to-market, guaranteeing color consistency and ensuring food packaging safety.”
A full range of Digital, Hybrid and DigiFlexo solutions
With the launch of the MASTER DM5, BOBST can now offer a full range of Digital, Hybrid and DigiFlexo solutions, which are perfectly integrated, interchangeable and scalable to all present and future needs, and deliver productivity, connectivity and sustainability as never before.
The MASTER DM5 – which has “Mouvent™ Ink-Jet Digital Technology Inside” – is the most digitally automated press in the label market, with the highest print quality, productivity and reliability, extremely short job setup, and fast return on investment. It represents a total flexo-digital-converting integration, with non-stop productivity, and extremely high press uptime.
Other machines on display include:
• MASTER M5 flexo press equipped with Ink-on-Demand and DigiColor, which revolutionizes flexo printing into a fully digitized process. Color matching is simplified both in the REVO ECG and in spot colors environment. Changing inks in any press configuration takes a matter of seconds with no ink contact with the hands of the operator. Closed loop color control delivers perfect color matching on any substrate worldwide.
• LB702-WB digital label printer from Mouvent, a remarkable advance in digital label production, using only 100% water-based Mouvent™ Inks, making it 100% free of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and 100% indirect food contact compliant. The machine can run with up to 100 m/min on a broad range of substrates, from self-adhesive to wet-glue labelstock especially targeting applications where migration could be an issue, such as in the food industry. The LB702-WB’s high print quality of 1,200 dpi leads to exceptional results on complex substrates such as textured natural wine label papers and many others. Being configured with 6 colors, the Mouvent water-based press allows for excellent ECG printing and Pantone matching. Paired with the in-house developed Mouvent™ DFE, customers benefit from easy file preparation, perfect color consistency and variable data printing for real-time customization. It all results in a combination of both technical and esthetic excellence that attendees will be able to see in real time at the event.
• LB701-UV from Mouvent, the smallest high flexibility, high productivity digital label printer in the world. The latest version on display at Labelexpo 2019 is equipped with 6 colours plus white, which will print labels on a variety of substrates such as metalized and transparent label stock. Please note: Attendees at Labelexpo 2019 will have the opportunity to bring and test their own jobs on this machine, by appointment.
• VISION M1X inline UV flexo press, which delivers high performance at a competitive cost. It is a partially fixed configuration machine, 370mm in web-width, developed with automation and connectivity in mind that can print and convert a wide variety of applications in one pass.
• MASTER M6 flexo press, a combination of in-line UV Flexo, REVO Digital Flexo and the revolutionary V-Flower print unit, allowing for job changeovers in one minute, "on-the-fly" without stopping the press, and with up to 95% press up-time. It is the most productive press to economically produce short to mid-size runs. The M6 will feature the DigiMount™ fully automated flexo plate mounting system, which features advanced electronics for improved speed and accuracy of plate mounting.
Visitors can see live demos and talk with experts at Booth 3A59+58 in Hall 3, and see the MASTER M6 press in action in the Flexible Packaging Arena, Booth 11A50 in Hall 11
Next-level excellence driven by latest innovations
Some of the ground-breaking machines on display at Labelexpo 2019 have been made possible by recent pioneering innovations that have been driven by BOBST, include Ink-on-Demand (IoD) and DigiColor – all solutions that will set a new course for the industry’s future.
The IoD inking system replaces conventional inking reservoirs with a single rubber pipe that dispenses 30 grams of ink to the print unit. The system eliminates ink trays and chambered doctor blades and performs fully automated washing of the print unit in less than one minute.
DigiColor is the first ever inline “closed loop” color system that enables digital color adjustment to the target Delta E values during printing, at any speed, on any substrate, with any operator. It is a major step towards full color digitization.
“Labelexpo is our opportunity to show the world the impact that these recent innovations have on machine performance and therefore our customers’ businesses, helping to deliver new levels of productivity, connectivity and sustainability,” said Matteo Cardinotti, Managing Director Bobst Firenze. “We invite attendees to come to the BOBST and Mouvent booth to see the innovation for themselves, and to talk with our company experts on how we may be able to support them.”